Need something really quick for dinner? Keep it super tasty with Bruschetta...
A perfect combination of rich, ripe tomatoes, tangy balsamic glaze, calcium-rich mozzarella, and crispy baguette bread- this recipe is waiting for you!
1 baguette, whole wheat italian loaf, or your favorite bread
2-3 vine ripe tomatoes
1/2 package fresh mozzarella (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Slice loaf of bread into as thin or thick slices as you like. With a serrated knife, slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella into 1/4" thick slices.
3. On a aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, crisp bread in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
4. Once bread is toasted, remove from the oven and carefully place tomatoes on top of bread. Layer with mozzarella slices.
5. Re-toast bruschetta slices in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
6. Remove toast from oven. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Need some help in the kitchen? Let older kids help by drizzling the balsamic glaze or grinding the pepper over the bruschetta. They'd love to help you and will be more cooperative with dinner!